A huge thank you to all who submitted their designs to be considered in the search for the new Luna Lana personality for 2017. It was a tough decision by our design team and a clear winner has been found!
Congratulations to Kai Bin for his Luna Lana creation of Tropical Forest.
We held an interview with Kai Bin to find out where his winning inspirations came from:
- Stephanie Ng Design:What was your main inspiration behind creating the winning Luna Lana lighting, Tropical Forest?
- Kai Bin:Typically, the idea came from the form and shape of a bird nest. But apart from that, my design has always been inspired by what I see around me, mostly nature.
- Stephanie Ng Design:How do you best describe your own personality?
- Kai Bin:I would like to think that I am quite annoying *laughs* I guess I am cheerful yet, also shy at the same time, if that makes sense.
- Stephanie Ng Design:How do you think the subject Design Technology has helped you in blossoming as a future designer?
- Kai Bin:It definitely helped me a lot, my teacher Ms Kim Page is very dedicated. We learned important things such as costing, material choices, dimensions and also client briefs. So that definitely helped.
- Stephanie Ng Design:Do you see yourself being involved in design as a career in the future?
- Kai Bin:I never really thought about it before, but the Luna Lana competition has helped me boost my confidence and now, I do see myself doing that. I will definitely keep my mind open to the world of design from now on.
- Stephanie Ng Design:We plan to hold this competition annually to further inspire future designers, how do you feel about that? Would you join again?
- Kai Bin:Yes! I would surely join again, it was such a wonderful experience for me. It truly changed me and I do believe that so many future young designers will be inspired as much as I do. So yes, please have it annually!
Congratulations to Kai Bin (left), who was awarded the very first Luna Lana Tropical Forest Pendant Light creation for his very own; presented by Belinda (right) from Stephanie Ng Design.